Railcar at WW&F Railway Museum, Alna, Maine. September 2012
Now that the confetti has been swept up (and everybody had a nice new year’s) it’s time to get rolling
again, much to tell you, so here goes ….
- Blackstone Models: there have been price increases on trucks, lighting
boards and loco accessories. These new prices will cycle in as we run out of our current (old price) stock.
Some reefer numbers at the factory are sold out, so make your purchasing decisions soon.
- SoundTraxx: Minor price increases on speakers, connectors, wiring harnesses,
CurrentKeeper, Sound Car and Mobile decoders. The ECONAMI line welcomes two new styles; the ECO-200 and ECO-PNP.
Information on these new products is on the SoundTraxx webpage.
(Personal note — I’m really surprised that SoundTraxx was been able to hold their prices for so long.)
- TCS has new speaker offerings including 2 “sugar cube” types. All will have enclosures available.
We’ll be stocking them shortly on our show display and here at the shop ready to ship.
- We hope to have more copies of both the On30 and HOn3 Annuals by the Springfield Show.
- Our Arttista S & O figures will also be restocked by Springfield. We were swamped with orders for
them in December (many thanks) and will get the back orders out before the shows.
- Credit Card Users: Our thanks for your understanding when checking out at a show due to the new “chip” cards
being implemented. Transactions do take several extra seconds to process and we’ll try to keep the line moving
as best as we can. Making sure your card issuer knows when and where you’ll be away helps all of us in the fight
to prevent card theft. People phoning in their information to us — remember to give us your home address for
proper card processing, especially if your order is going to a different location than your home.
- For the upcoming Springfield and Timonium shows: we’re finalizing a “show special” list for both locations
that will include NCE, Blackstone, Sidetrack Laser, TCS, Excel Tools, SoundTraxx, and Tortoise products. Other
show specials will be determined later.
After Timonium we tale a quick breath and then get ready for the ATMA show in Allentown, PA; Midwest
Narrow Gauge show in Greenford, OH; Fine Scale Model Railroaders Expo in Danvers, MA; the spring Timonium and
Mid Hudson On30 Meet. A reminder that it’s not too early to begin thinking about the National Narrow Gauge Convention
in Augusta, Maine. The dates will be September 7 thru 10. We hope to see you there!
See you or talk to you soon.
Next Show –
Feb 6/7 — Timonium, MD
Great Scale Model Train Show @ Maryland Fairgrounds.
Info at www.gsmts.com